Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cheesy Tuna Patties

This recipe was contributed to our contest by Carrie from www.naturalmomsrecipes.com :

Ingredients:

  • 4 cans tuna (may substitute canned salmon)
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 t chopped garlic (or to taste)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T  Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients together and shape into patties. You may either fry on stovetop in oil or bake in the oven. To bake, preheat oven to 425F. Place on well greased baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until well browned.

Thanks Carrie!  Sounds yummy! And easy. 

I'll use my healthy soaked whole wheat bread for the bread crumbs.  When I cut my bread, I save the crumbs in a bag in the freezer.  I haven't found a healthy worchestershire sauce, though I need to look for one. (If you know one, please share in the comments.)  I usually just use organic tamari and that works well.

No comments: