Thursday, September 27, 2007

If you think you are lazy, you may need a check up!

I want to confess that for several years I struggled with laziness. I would know I should do something, but couldn't seem to make myself do it. Do you know what I learned? It wasn't laziness--it was Lyme disease! Actually, it may have been Epstein Barr virus as a co-infection (Chronic Fatigue.)

It's amazing how suddenly a day will come where I do a TON without guilting myself in to doing it. The fact that those days come remind me that it's not a heart problem, but a physical problem. But for many people who struggle with big or small health issues, the motivation does not overcome the physical barriers. If you find yourself there, don't assume the motivation is the problem!

The next time you think you are lazy, you might need to take a closer look at your health. When your body starts giving you signs of a problem, you know it's time to start lifestyle changes, one step at a time.

No comments: