Friday, March 14, 2008

Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic

It's easy, it's cheap, it's sweet, and it boosts your health. The Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic. If you've being reading here for a while, you probably already know about it, but I thought it deserved a post to spotlight it. It's what I recommend to start making healthy lifestyle changes.

Recipe:
Add:
2 tsp honey and
2 tsp of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to an
8oz glass of water

Don't bother with typical grocery store vinegar. It won't help you. You need to get something raw with the strands floating around in it. I use a brand called Bragg's. Anytime I need vinegar (of any kind) I use this.

You may have heard vinegar is acidic. Most is, but the raw ACV works just the opposite in your body.

Hints: You can always add more honey until you like the taste until you get used to it. I add it to room temp. water and it mixes well. Others add a bit of hot water to dissolve the honey and then add the chilled water.

Raw ACV has enzymes to help you digest the other over-processed food in your diet and that it has good bacteria (like yogurt). This is the strands you see in it. I like to drink it when I'm going to eat out or take some to make drinks on a trip.

According to my Amish Home Remedies book, you can use this for upset stomachs, when you are about to come down with a cold, or to prevent the worst signs of aging. How? Basically it just helps your body do what God made it to do. And with food poisoning or stomach viruses, it puts good bacteria in your stomach which cancel out the bad germs.

So, concern joining me in drink ACV drink every morning (about 20 min. before breakfast) and let's see how young we can stay!